Annapurna Base Camp Trek
ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP CHALLENGE 2014 (4,130 m/13,545 ft.)
For a Cause
Mt. Annapurna (8091m) is the 10th highest mountain in the world and the journey to its base camp is one of the most popular treks on earth. The trek starts in Pokhara, widely known as the ‘Lake City’ and passes through cascading waterfalls, beautiful villages, terraced farmlands, lush rhododendron forests, and spectacular mountain vistas before reaching the base of the mighty Annapurna.
You will be trekking along the southern slopes of the Annapurna Himalaya offering dramatic close-up views of either the Annapurna range or the Dhaulagiri range. Our goal is the glacier-covered amphitheater of the 4,200 m Annapurna Sanctuary. Here we will be ringed by the peaks of the Annapurna Himalaya including Annapurna I and the “Fishtail” peak of Machhapuchhare. We return to Pokhara via Ghandruk. The 14-days trek is non-technical and suitable for anyone in good shape who likes to hike over mountain trail and stay at rustic lodges.
This program features 3 nights in Kathmandu, one night in Pokhara and a 10-day lodge trek to the base of Annapurna. You will visit Machhapuchhare base camp on the way to Annapurna base camp where we admire stunning views of Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna 1 (8091m), Machhapuchhre/fistail (6998m), Niligiri (7041m), Annapurna South(7219m), Annapurna III (7555m), Lamjung Himal(6988m).
• Panoramic views of Mt. Annapurna 26,545ft (8,091m).
• Experience first-hand Sherpa Culture and their hospitality.
• Visit and experience land of Gurkhas (Gurungs), Brahmans, Chetris.
• Visit Machhapuchhare base camp (3,700m) on the way to Annapurna base camp
• Visit the beautiful lake city of Pokahara and indulge yourself in various adventure sports
• Best in the business – highly experienced and trained guides and supports staff.
• Carefully selected Rest/Acclimatization days and hikes for best chances to reach basecamp.
• Visit to Pashupatinath (a Major Shiva Temple) & Bouddhanath (the Whitwashed Buddhist Stupa)
• Welcome dinner at Nepali Chulo (Authentic Newari food and cultural dance party)
• Stay at carefully selected Sherpa village Tea- Lodges.
Dates: 24th January 2015 to 5th February 2015
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m)
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Drive Phedi & Trek Dhampus (1,640 m)
Day 04: Trek Tolka (1,750 m)
Day 05: Trek Chomrong (2,170 m)
Day 06: Rest day Chomrong (2,210 m)
Day 07: Trek Dovan (2,500 m)
Day 08: Trek Deurali (3,140 m)
Day 09: Trek Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m)
Day 10: Trek Bamboo (2,310 m)
Day 11: Trek Gandruk (1,939 m)
Day 12: Drive to Pokhara (823 m)
Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 14: Fly back home