Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek
I get to Kathmand on the 26th of October and want to start my trek a few days after my arrival.
I decided to hike all the way up to everest base camp which means I am not going to fly to Lukla.
It’s the original route that hikers took in the 50s’ so that’s really cool. I think staying in villages between Jiri and Cheplung will also help local businesses ( side note: I don’t like flying, especially in small planes ;). )
Not taking the plane means 6 extra days to cover the distacnce from Jiri to Cheplung.
What you need to know:
– I am a positive artistic spirit, always look at a good side of any situation, complainers – please don’t join me 😉
– the trekk is going to take about 22 days
– I like to take my time.
– I am a proffesional photographer so take sunrise and sunsets pics pretty much every day
– I like to go in a group, laugh and talk about deep stuff 🙂 and another time I like to be on my own
– I may convince myself to take a plane from Lukla to Kathmandu on the way down, depends how tired I am 😀
– I did ABC with no guides or porters in winter and loved it.
Although I met some nice people along the way and we stayed together the whole time of a trek. So this time I decdied to use this webpage to find trek partners in advance 🙂
This is a draft of a route I’d like to take.
Jiri – Kala Patthar – Everest Base Camp – Cho La Pass – Gokyo .
Write me if you wanna join me 🙂 I am flexible and easy going so we can all decide what day we want to start.