Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek
My name is Ricardo, and i’m from Sydney (originally from Uruguay a long time ago, so speak Spanish as a consequence). I’ve trekked Jiri to Gokyo and Everest a couple of times previously (and back again to Jiri once). The allure is too great, so back for number 3.
Plans are a little loose at the moment, what is confirmed is
– i have locked in a great guide (based on reviews and online communication so far) called Tek.
– I am landing in the afternoon of 4/4 and departing via private car (having done the pain of the bus a few times, thinks it’s worth the expense of a private jeep).
– My timing is tight so if possible will try to win a day or so in the lowlands by trekking an extra couple of hours a day (I rise early so should be ok).
– definitely heading to Gokyo
-I need to be back in Kathmandu by 21/4 (flying out of Lukla)
What is loose is:
– not sure if I will start trek from Jiri or Saleri yet, the advantage of Saleri is winning 2 days straight away, however am thinking of trying the Jiri to Namche in 5/6 days. Will make a call soon.
– If time permits will go from Goyko to EBC via Chola pass.
I am social, but happy to mix it up and do sections of the trail solo at times and hook up along the way on the trail and/or at the teahouse we are aiming for that night.
Also open to starting the trail together towards Namche, but then splitting past Namche Bazaar if you have different plans.
I chose to have a guide to gain greater insight into the area/culture this time (as the trails are fairly obvious, even moreso on your 3rd time).
If the above seems interesting in any way, please feel free to contact. Even if its just about splitting the cost of the private car, or guide for the days we are together.