Gokyo + Ngozumpa tse and over Renjo-La

ive been to nepal 4 years ago and trekked the langtang region + tsergo-ri and langshisa kharka and i want to go back again to nepal this december.

this is what i had in mind and if youre interested let me see if we could work things out. i will have maximum 20 days (including flying in and out of kathmandu so that makes 16 days of trekking)

no basecamp but gokyo lakes + ngozumpa tse (or following the ngozumpa glacier towards cho oyu) then climb over renjo la pass. if you want we could camp below renjo la pass to see mount everest in sunrise.

please send me a message if you are interested, only serious takers please and we could work out the details and planning!

thanks!

Lau

Reply

Replies

4 replies
  1. I am interested. I posted for a similar trek at the same time – the standard three passes trek.

    I’m not that bothered about going to Everest base camp. My plan was to go with the same guide I had last time and maybe get a porter if I have a partner.

    Not sure about camping as I don’t have a tent and my sleeping bag is rated to only minus 6 Celsius.

    • hi nicolas sorry for the late reply, lol i’ve lost hope looking for a partner since december is not really an ideal trekking time but its the only time i could go!

      my plan is very simple, since i am not a strong hiker in the himalayas . i like to camp it out at kala pattar or renjo la to see sunset or sunrise. lol i have exactly the same plan, hire my porter-guide (who i became friends with to accompany me) since his expertise is in the everest region and done camping at kala pattar with clients – so this is going to be a very small conflict! i already booked my tickets and my dates are dec. 03 i land in ktm and depart dec 22. i havent booked flight tix to lukla since, i have many treks in mind in case i couldnt find anyone to go with me to the everest region.

  2. May I ask how much you are paying for the trek?

    My agency quoted me around $1550 including the guide and Lukla flights. Day 1 is the flight to Lukla and day 17 is the flight back to Kathmandu.

    It’s possible we can trek together for certain sections – I don’t have a plan to do any camping and I do want to go with my guide from before.

    I haven’t booked any flights yet – likely I would want to go a bit earlier than you but if I take a longer route you may catch up. Nothing is confirmed yet, however.

    I am happy to wait until perhaps October before confirming these details so let’s see how things turn out.

  3. ill message u!