Manaslu Circuit Trek

Hi all,

I’m a Canadian-Indian (not that that’s relevant to trekking) currently working in Kathmandu and itching to get out to the Manaslu/Tsum Valley route before the monsoon hits! As I’m already in Kathmandu, my departure is flexible but dependent on being to get away from the office- I’m hoping to depart as soon as possible as I’ve got a work commitment in Kathmandu during the last week in April.

I’m hoping to enjoy the circuit, if possible also take day trips to Manaslu basecamp as well as the day trip from Samdo to the Tibet border.

I’m looking for a trekking partner for the Manaslu permit and to share the cost of a guide as well. Do drop a line asap if you are up for leaving the week of April 6! If I don’t manage to find a partner I might delay to end of April, but am worried about the weather if I get in to May.

Happy trekking to all,


We're Full - Questions Only

4 replies
  1. Hey!
    I’m an American with israeli heritage and I’m also looking to head out to trek the manaslu circuit beginning hopefully April 5th or 6th.
    I’ve been living here for five months now and have got to get to the himal before leaving!
    I also have to be back in KTM the last week of April (a nepali friend is getting married!).
    I’d love to meet you and consider trekking together.
    Right now I’m finishing up the poon hill short trek and I’ll be back in kathmandu April 2nd.
    Interested in meeting up?


  2. Hi Sitara,

    I am a Canadian too! I am currently in Kathmandu and would love to do a trek soon. I need tobe back in Kathmandu April 27 when my visa expires and I have a flight out of the country. Maybe we can meet today or tomorrow to talk. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Linda Dufour

  3. Hi Sitara,
    Myself and my wife (a polish couple lliving permanently in Australia) are arriving in Kathmandu on the 6th of April. We are more than happy to join you for the trek.

    • FYI for anyone arriving in Kathmandu on April 6th! There is a nationwide strike scheduled for the 7th, 8th, and 9th of April, which means government offices and all public transport are closed/unavailable until the strike is lifted.

      Most likley, the 7th strike will proceed, which for us trekkers means you won’t be able to make permits that day! So, get it done Sunday/Monday, or risk being stuck until as late as Thursday or the very least wednesday!

      happy trekking,